(Rental)-Attack & React Offense Drills & Skills
4-Out 1-In Attack and React Offense: Attacking Drills & Skills
Andrew Grantz, current head boys’ basketball coach at Fort Myers HS (FL), is the creator of the Attack & React Offense, one that has taken the basketball world by storm. This video helps you discover how to incorporate skill development into the basic phases of the offense. Coach Grantz developed the system while serving as an assistant at Indiana University Southeast and as the head coach at Our Lady of Providence HS (IN). He will help you build your players’ confidence in a wide range of offensive skills all geared at attacking opposing defenses.
In the video, Coach Grantz will show you perimeter-based drills that focus on footwork, ball handling, shooting, and passing. Drills for post players include training their ability to finish high and strong at the rim. They will also work on the power dribble, the jump hook, and the up-and-under. In the end, Coach Grantz wants to help you develop players that have an attacking mentality by passing quicker, shooting with more confidence, and handling the ball against any defense.
5 Phases of the Attack and React Offense
There are five basic phases in the Attack and React Offense. Coach Grantz places all of the skill development into these five phases. He offers insight into each drill in an effort to help you and your players learn how to successfully run it. The five phases of the offense are:
- Phase 1: Breakdown Drills. Develop the habits needed to run the offense effectively. These drills work on the 4-out actions but also reinforce the fundamentals covered earlier in the video.
- Phase 2: Pass and cut. Players learn to read defenders and decide if they should use a backdoor cut.
- Phase 3: Post Entry Drills. Features three versions of the Laker cut.
- Phase 4: Baseline Drive (C Gap). Works on baseline penetration and a lob pass at the rim to the post player or drift to the opposite wing.
- Phase 5: Backdoor. Teaches players to recognize opportunities to make backdoor cuts.
In 105 minutes, Coach Grantz does an excellent job of showing players how to play the game and be more effective as an offensive player. Players learn to read off of one another and they pass, cut, and look to create scoring opportunities. If you are looking to increase your team’s overall offensive efficiency, Coach Grantz’s video is a step in the right direction. Rent this Attack and React Offense Drills DVD today.